Milk| Almond Milk | vegan| dairy free| health Milkshakes | lifestyle | Milk substitute|Epigamia Almond Milk | vegan cold coffee| almonds| dairy substitute|Epigamia Almond drink|sugar free
Looking for an alternative to dairy? Want to go completely vegan? Well, you can try Almond milk from the brand Epigamia.
A lot of people nowadays are looking for dairy substitutes. The reasons are either they want to turn completely to plant based products or they are allergic to dairy but want to still use milk.
There are a number of plant based vegan milk options in the market like oat milk, soy milk, cashew milk, almond milk etc.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT ALMOND MILK?
● Almond milk doesn’t contain any dairy, therefore it is a popular milk alternative for vegans, people with milk allergies and lactose intolerance.
● Lactose intolerant people suffer from excessive gas, bloating and discomfort due to consumption of dairy. Almond milk can be a good substitute to animal milk.
● Almond milk has a nutty taste. It has a creamy texture, so it can be substituted for regular milk.
● Almond milk is supposed to be healthy and nutritious.
● It is high in vitamins, minerals and contains antioxidants.
● Almond milk has less calories compared to skim milk.
● A study suggests, a cup of unsweetened Almond milk has 39 calories.
● On the other hand a cup of skim milkhas 91 calories.
● It has been researched that unsweetened Almond milk doesn’t raise blood sugar.
● As Almond milk is high in vitamin D, it can strengthen your bones.
● It may also reduce heart disease.
REVIEW OF EPIGAMIA ALMOND DRINK
● Epigamia Almond drink is unsweetened.
● Epigamia claims it is
High in protein, calcium, vitamin A/D.
Further, it is lactose free, no added sugar, gluten free, plant based, vegan and dairy free.
TIPS TO USE EPIGAMIA ALMOND DRINK
● Mix it in your breakfast cereal.
● You can cream your hot and cold coffee.
● Can be used to cream tea.
● You can prepare healthy smoothies with Epigamia Almond drink, using honey and various fresh fruits.
WHO SHOULD AVOID EPIGAMIA ALMOND DRINK?
As Epigamia Almond drink contains nuts, anyone with nut allergies should not consume it.
If you are uncomfortable with Almonds and feel heavy, avoid it.
POPULAR WAY OF USING EPIGAMIA ALMOND DRINK IN MY HOUSEHOLD
Tasty cold coffee using unsweetened Epigamia Almond drink.
RECIPE OF COLD COFFEE USING EPIGAMIA ALMOND DRINK.
Serves 1 person
● Epigamia Almond drink 1 cup
● Coffee and some ice
● Mix in a blender and enjoy.
● Epigamia Almond drink 1 cup
● Some ice
● Sugar to taste or you can add Hershey syrup.
● Add some coffee, cocoa power and blend.
Almond milk has a thin consistency, so check first and then add the ice. It is very popular in my household and used regularly.
Vegan Kheer (Rice pudding)
See what I am making this Diwali
Vegan Kheer with Almond milk!
Yes, it is possible. Just substitute the regular milk with Epigamia Almond Milk and you have a healthy non dairy option.
Ordered 1lt Epigamia Almond Milk online from Big Basket ( got INR 100 discount)
Vegan Kheer recipe:
1lt Almond milk
1/2 cup Basmati Rice
A few saffron strings ( optional)
2 green cardamom or a pinch of cardamom powder
4 tbsp sugar( or to taste)
Boil the milk with the Rice
Cook on medium flame for 20 minutes
Keep stirring from time to time so as it does not stick to the pot
Meanwhile, soak a few Saffron strings in warm water
Crush the cardmom, add to the pot
Add the saffron mix to the pot
Now add the Sugar
Finally, add the chopped nuts
Keep some chopped nuts for garnishing
Vegan Kheer is done…enjoy hot or cold
Wishing you all a healthy,Vegan, Happy Diwali