Fruits| summer| summer fruits | glowing skin| health|eating fruits for glowing skin| fresh fruits| healthy habits| daily fruits diet| good gut health| digestion
Mango, the King Of Fruits is my favorite summer indulgence.
Think summer and you dream of Mangoes and Watermelons! Yes, summer is the time to indulge in seasonal flavourful fruits.
As the temperatures rise every day, your best bet to keep the electrolytes balanced in your body is daily, healthy intake of these summer delicacies.
Want glowing skin, good gut health, great digestion and weight loss? Then read on
Mango has been labeled as the King Of Fruits.
It is a seasonal fruit with a limited shelf life. It is grown extensively all over the tropical areas. There are thousands of Mango varieties all over the World. In fact, there are hundreds of Mango varieties in India itself and a new one gets discovered every now and then.
Except the hilly areas, Mango varieties are grown all over India and the have very distinctive sizes, textures, colours and tastes.
PROPERTIES OF MANGO
● There are a lot of myths regarding acne.
● Some people caution against eating Mangoes as they might lead to acne.
● There is no connection between eating Mangoes and acne problems.
● In fact, you can comfortably eat a Mango a day for glowing skin and gut health, immune system, hair,eyes and heart.
● Acne is a result of imbalance in gut health and digestive issues.
● Mango helps to control oily and acne-prone skins.
● The presence of Magnesium and Vitamin B6, helps to regulate sebum production.
● The Beta Carotene protects the skin from bacteria and toxins.
● Mango contains a good amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin A. This helps promote collagen formation.
● Moisturizing effect is provided by Vitamin E and Potassium present in a large quantity in Mangoes.
HOW TO EAT MANGOES CORRECTLY
● Buy firm Mangoes
● Do not buy overripe and bruised Mangoes
● Wash them thoroughly
● In India, since generations, our Grandmothers insisted we soak Mangoes in a tub of water and eat them after a couple of hours.
● The scientific reason behind this is that soaking removes the heat from the Mangoes and they can be consumed safely without disturbing the digestion or or creating skin issues.
● Even diabetic people can safely eat Mangoes. Just eat a limited portion.
So, you go ahead and enjoy the Mango season, just practice portion control.
PROPERTIES OF WATERMELONS
● Watermelon is a summer seasonal fruit.
● As it contains a lot of water, it helps balance electrolytes.
● Watermelons are great for gut health and have digestive properties. Great gut health automatically leads to great skin.
● As Watermelons contain very little calories, they can help in weight loss.
● Watermelons are great for skin
● Watermelons have very high water content, research suggests, 93% water, so it keeps your skin hydrated.
● They are rich in Vitamin C , Vitamin A and B6, thus slows down skin ageing.
● These properties also help tone skin naturally.
● Also, these properties help in acne prevention.
● For instant rejuvenation and glow just rub a chilled slice of watermelon on your face!
HOW TO EAT WATERMELONS PROPERLY
● Make sure you purchase firm watermelons.
● My local fruitseller knows the trick of picking up a sweet watermelon by sheer experience.
● Personally, I prefer local, seasonal watermelon varieties.
● Just because watermelon helps in weight loss, do not eat in large quantities.
● Always observe portion control.
PROPERTIES OF PAPAYA
● Papaya is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, K, E and Beta Carotene.
● These properties help in maintaining skin moisture, elasticity and firmness.
● Papaya reduces free radicals so helps in anti aging.
● Papaya is refreshing and has a lot of fibre,so great for weight watchers.
● Great for gut health so naturally great for skin.
HOW TO EAT PAPAYA
● Make sure to purchase a firm Papaya.
● Personally I like to eat it for breakfast.
● Always eat a moderate portion.
● Papaya should be avoided during pregnancy as it can have adverse effects.
Pomegranate is in season and it can do wonders for your skin.
PROPERTIES OF POMEGRANATE
● It is rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants.
● Keeps the digestive tract clear due to high fibre.
● Pomogranate has anti aging properties as it helps fight premature ageing and protects the skin from sun damage.
● As it is a natural skin exfoliant, it revitalizes and rejuvenates the skin.
● Due to anti- inflammatory properties, Pomogranate moisturizes the skin.
● A simple face pack can help you exfoliate your skin and give it a glow:
Grind dried Pomogranate peels, add bit of rose water, apply for 15 minutes and wash thoroughly.
HOW TO EAT POMEGRANATE
● Buy firm and clear Pomogranates.
● Wash them thoroughly.
● Peel and deseed them.
● Do not overeat.
● Do not give to very young children to avoid chocking.
PROPERTIES OF MALTA
● This juicy fruit is commonly available during the summers.
● It is rich in Vitamin C and potassium.
● It is a rich source of dietary fiber
● Malta is a rich source of antioxidants and repairs the tissues.
● It is a very refreshing fruit and one must include Malta in their diet during the summer months.
● As Malta is good for hydration it keeps the skin supple.
HOW TO EAT MALTA FRUIT
● Always buy fresh.
● Wash thoroughly to remove any impurities.
● Eat one Malta daily.
● Avoid if you are allergic to citrus.